Posted on

Ginnie Mae must balance supervision with the scope of servicers’ risk

Expansion To diversify the balance sheet and provide new avenues for loan and deposit growth, the Bank further expanded into the Indianapolis area, adding three full-service offices. 21.0 million.

 · Basel III Punishes Dutch Over Risk That Isn’t: mortgages. investors in 262 billion euros ($347 billion) of Dutch residential mortgage-backed securities risk being penalized by new bank liquidity rules, even as the securities prove among the safest home-loan bonds globally. To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.

Ginnie Mae must balance supervision with the scope of servicers’ risk By Scott Olson nationalmortgagenews.com – In tightening of supervision of its smaller issuers, there are reports of Ginnie Mae not granting full commitment authority requests, and raising net worth and liquidity standards above publicly posted levels.

Ginnie Mae is pleased to announce the release of the new Platinum Pool Processing Application on the MyGinnieMae Portal. The transition away from the manual Platinum Upload Web Page to the new portal based application marks a significant accomplishment in the effort to modernize Ginnie Mae systems.

This 5% retained portion of the mortgage must remain on the balance sheet of the originator as an asset and at the risk of the mortgage’s securitizer or originator. When the remaining 95% is sold, accounting rules would no longer have it carried as an asset on the originator’s balance sheet.

FinLocker makes moves to support loan data management The Case for the Data Management Maturity Model – DATAVERSITY – The CMMI Institute announced its Data Management Maturity Model (DMM) back in 2014 to enable organizations to improve Data Management practices across their entire business. Some two-and-a-half years later, the technology-independent model continues to help organizations optimize their data assets is being successfully used by organizations across all industries to meet many Data Management.Production costs rise to highest level ever: MBA Production costs, however, continued to rise. Total loan production expenses including commissions, compensation, occupancy, equipment and other production expenses and corporate allocations increased to a study high of $9,299 per loan, up from $8,611 in the fourth quarter.

SIFMA approves changes to allow forward delivery of loans for UMBS SUMMARY: The Securities and Exchange Commission ("Commission") proposes to amend Rule 15c6-1(a) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act") to shorten the standard settlement cycle for.

Nonbank Servicer Regulation: New Capital. – Urban Institute – To mitigate their risk of increased exposure to nonbanks and minimize consumer harm, the GSEs and Ginnie Mae, as well as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, have issued new regulatory and capital requirements for mortgages servicers. 3 While the GSEs’ and Ginnie Mae’s requirements are mostly financial-covering minimum capital.

How we pick the Best Mortgage Companies to Work For The Best Mortgage Lenders. We started with a master list of 181 lenders, banks, and credit unions – every mortgage company we could hunt down. Then, we focused in on what makes a mortgage lender the best. We looked for competitive rates, of course, but rates aren’t all that matters.

Ginnie Mae, its inspector general, and others have pointed out that Ginnie Mae’s biggest risk is with its largest servicers – for the simple reason that risk is concentrated and large portfolios are more difficult to transfer to another servicer.

"Current policy plans for rate hikes and balance sheet. providing a WOW full service home buying experience. We originate, fund, and service home loans and have approvals with Fannie Mae, Freddie.

Growing Loans by Partnering with the United States Department of Agriculture (1/11/2017) CFPB Mortgage Examination Procedures Servicing – CFPB Mortgage Examination Procedures Servicing CFPB June 2016 Procedures 2 Examination Objectives 1. To assess the quality of the regulated entity’s compliance risk management systems, including internal controls and policies and procedures, for preventing violations of Federal consumer financial law in its mortgage servicing business. 2.